Perfect Your Interview TechniquesPosted: 11.01.2017
- Always allow yourself plenty of time to get to your interview.
- Always dress conservatively, smart and of course, clean.
- Do your research on the company before you arrive so that you sound more knowledgeable and confident.
- Prepare some questions to show you have initiative and genuine interest in the company and job opening.
- When stating the reason for leaving your last position, never talk against former employers.
- Try not to mention money, leave it negotiable (you don’t want to sell yourself short) if you are asked what your salary expectations are say something along the lines of… I trust that you will offer what you think I am worth; I leave it to your good judgment!
- At the end of the interview, if you are interested in the job opening to make sure you say so.
- Thank the interviewer for his/her time.
- Take notes if needed
- Also, don't forget to smile!
Prepare yourself to answer any of the following possible questions
- Why do you wish to leave your current role?
- How long do you intend on staying with us?
- Do you get on with all your colleagues and current boss?
- What would be your ideal role?
- What do you find most interesting in the job role we have open?
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What do you know about our company?
- Where do you see yourself in 3 or 4 years time?
- What are your greatest strengths?
- What is your weakness? (Try not to say “I have none”)
Need some help with your questions?
- How long have you worked for the company?
- Can I have more info on what your company does etc.?
- What is your expansion plans?
- What sort of training do you offer?
- What is the average age group of the staff?
- Could you explain my day-to-day duties in more detail, please?
View All News