P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our client who is currently seeking a Costing Accountant to join their team based just outside Ipswich on a full-time permanent basis.
As the Costing Accountant you will have a high degree of flexibility and a 'can do' attitude. Reporting to the Finance Manager you will support them in enabling the finance team to provide relevant and timely costing information to meet the needs of the business.
* Design and Implement and maintain an appropriate product costing reporting system that will be used to drive cost efficiencies, pricing decisions and enable management of costs of production.
* Preparing financial reports for the Management team, departmental managers and results owners.
* Assisting preparation of management information on all aspects of the business, including month end results, budgets and forecasts as well as daily/weekly/monthly KPIs.
* Working closely with the rest of the finance team to support the day to day activities of the finance department.
Skills and Attributes:
* An experienced manufacturing accountant who has proven ability to create and use product cost and profitability information to help the business make pricing and operational decisions.
* A flexible approach to their work with a good mix of initiative and teamwork and a "can do" attitude.
* Management and financial accounting skills and experience in a production and customer service driven environment
* Part qualified CIMA would be a preference, but also qualified by experience will be considered.
* Ambitious, with a good attention to detail and an ability to understand manufacturing processes and challenge how and why things are done.
* Competitive salary depending on experience.
* 25 days holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays.
* Option of a highly competitive pension and life cover and study support is available.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date